mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Lexus GX470: , I have a 06 GX470 thats having some electrical

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 06 GX470 thats having some electrical issues. The LF window master switch will only control the lf window. None of the other window switches work from the master switch. All of the other Windows work from there individual window switches. Also the lf door lock switch doesn't work either. I've eliminated the master switch, and the junction block on the lf lower kick panel. Trying to figure out where to go from here.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's been an hour. I thought it would take 10 minutes??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also when I pull the connector B5 and disconnect it from the driver side junction block the codes I have go away. I have codes B1211, B1213, B1214, B1218, and B1269
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I believe I can help on this concern, but I see you have been waiting a long time. I need to know first off do you still need help?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Your windows on this vehicle are controlled through modules and you have module communication codes. Below I have attached a file for the first code. Can you do this test and let me know the results?https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/b1211.pdf -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did all of the checks and tests in your link. All tested good.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Master window switch is good as well. I have swapped with known good one.
At the end of each test there is an option to go to the next test or replace or repair a part. I assume you go to the last test and replaced the switch?Is this code no longer storing after being cleared then rechecked?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The codes that I have listed above are all still stored. I did replaced the window switch and the Windows and door lock from the master switch do not work.
Thanks I do not believe I can figure this one out with these results and not being there to diagnose myself. I am going to opt out and let another try.
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
after you put in the new known good master switch did you perform the window relearn procedure?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
each window operates from its own respective window switch correct?