Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Lexus LS430: Parked my LS430 outside our condo in Florida,

Customer Question

Parked my LS430 outside our condo in Florida, unhooked battery 9 months ago, now it starts & idles, but no response from gas pedal. Won't accelerate...even if I push pedal to the floor. Is there a cable connecting pedal to throttle that could be gummed up. There is resistance on the pedal...but it doesn't make the engine rev
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Please go to the car, open the hood and the underwood fuse panel. Looking at the label on the fuse panel, locate and pull the fuse labeled ETCS. It will probably be blown. Replace it and start the engine; see if the issue is resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll do it right now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it the fuse bank next to the battery?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not see a fuse labeled ETCS
What year is this vehicle please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2001
Fuse panel under the hood. 10 amp fuse Lower right; second one up from the bottom right corner.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only see one bank located right in front of the battery. Can you tell me WHERE you are talking about? I looked everywhere for a second fuse box. Help...
Behind the headlamp there is a box. Moving rearward, there is another box. This is the one you want; the square box, not the one closest to the headlamp. In this same box will be 4 relays that are rather identical, and 3 larger relays. You want the far right column of fuses. Second one up from the bottom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume you mean the passenger side. I looked but need to send you a picture of the underhood area. Can I do that??
Yes; you can send a picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ECTS (10Amp) Fuse is intact. What next
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please tell me...is there a link (cable) between the Gas Pedal and the throttle body of the fuel injection or intake?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pedal has tension all the way through the travel distance...it just doesn't accelerate the engine...
Sorry about the delay; internet went out. On this car, there is a link between the gas pedal and the engine, but the throttle is opened by an electric motor on the throttle body. This car uses an 'electric throttle control system" (hence the ETCS fuse). If the throttle is not accelerating the engine, and the fuse is goof, either the throttle motor is faulty of the sensor on the gas pedal is faulty.