Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.

Car is not turning over full power JA: Figuring out why

Customer Question

car is not turning over full power
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: thinking maybe kill switch
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: turning key in door
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: used plastic key yesterday
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injector and proper fuel pressure. To determine why it will not start you are going to need to check each one of these things to determine which one you are lacking. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will help you determine the cause. It will also be useful if you can provide the year , make and model please.