sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 400 h won't start. the dashboard said 2 things. put it in

Customer Question

my 400 h won't start. the dashboard said 2 things. put it in park to start. it is in park. then it said to check the VSC System. What should i do?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: like i said … the dashboard tells me to put it in park to start. but it's already in park. then it said to check the VSC SYSTEM. i don't know what to do. thank you
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i wouldn't know what to do.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: no. it's a 2008 RX400H
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's going to take some electrical testing to determine what you have going on, and a scan tool to check for codes and monitor data is going to be a must. It's possible that you could have a vehicle communications or power distribution issue, or the problem may just be with the transmission range sensor. It may not be showing that the trans is in park when it actually is, and the VSC warning may also be displaying because of it.

Have you used a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting?