Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2015 EsH trunk will not stay close when it closeselecronically.

Customer Question

2015 EsH trunk will not stay close when it closeselecronically. Whem I cloesit manualluy, it stays closed but there is a continuous 'beep" when driving.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Trunk doesn't stay closed when closed with the button; but can be close manually, but there is a continuous beep while diving
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if I knew what to do, I would do it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: The orange handle in the top of the rtunk may have been pulled by mistake. A small piece of black plastic fell off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.From what you have described here this sounds like a mechanical fault with the latch itself for the trunk or the release handle or handle linkage may be damaged with the component falling out that you had seen fall out.This will have to be inspected further to locate the source of the fault and then from there repaired to correct this issue here.I have had to replace handle and handle linkage before for this issue but its hard to say for sure from here which component is the cause without seeing the vehicle.Latch failure is also common needing replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete