sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Lexus Sc430: My Lexus convertible won't open. It doesn't have

Customer Question

My Lexus convertible won't open. It doesn't have any power. The light won't even come on when I push the button
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The car still drives. I meant it don't have power to the top. Everything's working except the top
Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, we have received your request and the proper expert will respond as soon as they can . Lou P.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When do u think I will get the answer
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are many possible causes for the top not working. The problem could simply be a blown fuse, the power top control module may not be awake due to an internal failure or a loss of power or ground, it could be a failed top motor, it could be the switch, or the module may be seeing an issue with an input and is disabling the top to prevent damage. The module watches a series of microswitches that monitor the position of each of the top components during operation, if it doesn't see a switch in the correct state either due to a mechanical failure, wiring, or a failed switch then it will prevent operation.If fuses are good and no visible mechanical problems are found then the first step in diagnosing the problem from there will be to use a scan tool to see if the power top module is awake, and if so what fault codes are set.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok I see. Well where do I look to find the fuses for the top? I'd the light was blinking or just staying red I know what to do but it's not even doing that. So I'll start with the fuses when u tell me where to look. Thanks
The fuses in question are in the box in the trunk and are labeled as ROOF RH, ROOF LH, LGG LH, LGG RH, and P TRAY.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok What happens If those are good? Is there a module specifically for the top?
Yes, there is a module that controls the top and these are power feeds to it. If the fuses are good and no visible problems can be seen then the next step in diagnosis is to use a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok I'll try that and see what codes pop up and I'll let u know thanks
You're welcome!