sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

JA: . How can we be of help? Customer: I have

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have a 2013 Lexus 250 is and it won't start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I hear a clicking noise when I push the start button and it won't start. Both the check engine light and battery light come on.
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I also see the steering wheel light
JA: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?
Customer: That's all.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!You may have a handful of things going on and it will take some testing to determine exactly what is happening.If you hear a single click from the engine compartment then the problem is most likely with the starter itself, but it could be a poor connection. A single click from the starter when attempting to start the engine is usually caused by failed contacts in the starter solenoid.If you hear a rapid clicking, and it's also possible you'll get a single click, then the problem is most likely a dead battery. If the battery connections are clean and tight then the first thing I would recommend is trying a jump start, swapping in a known good battery or having this battery load tested.