Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.

The alarm on my Lexus will not let the car crank from time

Customer Question

The alarm on my Lexus will not let the car crank from time to time what can I do
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The alarm light is flashing on the dashboard the majority of the time it cranks without a problem but every once in a while it will not crank like now
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I would like to get home if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I turned it off I held the key until it on lock the doors and roll back the sunroof and let it sit and that's about it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: I don't think so you have something in mind?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It a Lexus 2003 es300
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you key is properly programmed the security light should go off one the key is placed in the ignition, if the light is remaining on and it will not start then that usually means the system is not able to read the key. I would start first with trying your spare key and if that dose not work then you are likely going to need a new key and it will need to be programmed. There are some lock smiths that can do this or the dealer as well.