rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

The tire pressure light on my 2004 lexus rx330 remains on even

Customer Question

The tire pressure light on my 2004 lexus rx330 remains on even though all tires are at the correct pressure. I have attempted to initialize the system; however, I continue to have the peoblem.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The tire pressure warning is malfunctioning.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have attempted to initialize the system after ensuring that all tires have the correct pressure.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: I checked with my local lexus service and parts department and learned that the 2004 rx330 does not possess sending units on each wheel.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.These signals come from the sensors at the valve stems in each tire.They are battery operated and send a signal to the computer. All these items need to be tested.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Ron. I contacted my local Lexus Service and Parts Department. They say that the 2004 RX330 wasn't equipped with sensors on the valves. exus did not began using them on the RX until 2006. My plan as to replace all of them.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
There must be some means for low tire pressure to be announced to the computer. Some sensor somewhere. Your local tire shop can confirm this too.
Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know. I already know that there is a problem. I merely wanted some help in fixing it. You guys are not charging my credit car for this non-answer to my problem. Right?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
You only pay when you rate me. You need to attach a scan tool to your computer system, thus will tell us what direction to go from there. We may only need a flash update and that's good news.