lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

Lexus LS460: I have ls460 2007. 100K miles. After braking,

Customer Question

I have ls460 2007. 100K miles. After braking, car stops, but whole car body rocks(). I remember dealer asking to replace shocks while ago. Also when I brake, back seat passengers feel the braking more pronounced. (jerky). What parts(both oEM and after market options) do I need to replace the shocks so that original Lexus experience is not lost. Also when I remove my feet from brake pedal from Idling car, I hear a noise as well.(no such noise when I apply the brake). Can u suggest what needs to to be fixed.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 1 year ago.
Hello im chris and i will try to assist you tell me when you are online
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am available for next couple of hours .. or text me at(###) ###-####as well

ok explain the problem to me try to be exact
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2 problems .. may be related ..Problem 1. You are driving .. apply break and car stops..at the last minute body of the car rocks once. never used to feel that before. (bad shock absorber ?) 2. u stopped ur car in the signal, feet is on the break and u remove the feet from the break pedal, u here some noise around the some moving parts(grinding noise maybe ) .. apparently break pads are good at least 75%..

ok number one is shocks or strut
the second issue happen with very light pressure on brake?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

driving at say35 mph and u applied break (at signal )and i have to fully stopped the car and waiting in a stop sign for say 1 minute, now remove the break pedal, then it makes noise. But while applying break no noise.

Also for the problem number #1 wanted to know the OEM parts and alternative to OEM parts (shock absorber and other things) needed to replace .

ok does the noise come as you are letting go or can you hear it even after you are off completely?
not necessary to buy oem. I would get a good set of monroes ok kyb in there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

only while letting go ..

ok thats the pad material and or rotor surface nothing to worry about. you are good if the pads have material on them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks.. what parts shall use for relacing shocks without breaking the bank and without loosing lexus feel ..

like i said monroe sensatracs are good and so is kyb
any other questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I didnt get the answer I am looking for ls460.. which uses AIR struts.. thanks for your time ..

Yes that was an option. Unfortunately i cant know that unless you tell me.