lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

Pearl, 2008 Lexus LS460, trunk wont open from dash button

Customer Question

Hi, Pearl, 2008 Lexus LS460, trunk wont open from dash button or remote,... only the emergency keyway to the right of the license plate, or the interior emergency release handle work, any ideas..? keep in mind the emergency keyway is also electric, not a physical rod thanks Ron
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes..
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: exposing the latch area, and wires..examining connections...emailing you...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: no.. everything looks physically okay..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,Ok, can I get the last 8 of the vin to pull the schematics. I suspect the central locking module but I need to review the schematics first
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
85026956
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,Hmmm, I dont have the schematics for this one. I will opt out and see if another expert does
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
additional info.. when I took out the main latch mechanism I spotted the 'physical' lock release cable that I had not seen earlier.. I'm now convinced it's the main actuator solenoid... thank you, Ron