lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus

My 2007 Toyota Prius (not Lexus, but it was the closets

Customer Question

My 2007 Toyota Prius (not Lexus, but it was the closets thing I could find on drop down list) is currently in the shop to get an estimate and I want to make sure I don't get suckered into something that doesn't make sense. On Day 1, my AC briefly started to not emit cold air. No malfunction indicators turned on. On Day 2, all was fine. AC working. Day 3, once we are on the highway, the red exclamation triangle turned on, VSC indicator turned on and the check engine indicator turned on and the AC stopped cooling again. Day 4, AC works and the only indicators are red triangle exclamation mark and check engine light. Any thoughts on what it could be?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 5 months ago.
hank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Prius.This is quite vague in the description of the problem and it seems you are concerned with the air conditioning but it is possible that there is more than one problem.With the Prius at the repair shop, did the get a chance to pull codes and see what was causing the warning lights to come on? What were the codes?