FIXITMAN, Master Technician

MY 2002 GS300 hesitates on acceleration and it wont reverse JA:

Customer Question

MY 2002 GS300 hesitates on acceleration and it wont reverse
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: that's it just hesitation on acceleration after the car has benn warmed up. it wont reverse
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?
Customer: other than high I literally just got everything on the car fixed not even 10 months ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** the check engine light coming on? Did it stop working in reverse when the hesitation occurred?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes the light is on....yes reverse stopped when the hesitation oçcured
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. Most of the time this is caused by a clutch pack failure in the transmission. It sounds like you are going to need a rebuild. If possible have the computer scanned for codes. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. If you have the computer scanned and can bring me the codes it can help to verify the issue as it may be something different.