Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My Windows won't roll up or down and I've replaced 4 fuses

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well I thought it was the #18 fuse in the kick panel Kuz it's the theft deterrent Windows and abs that is affected but it still isn't fixed
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've replaced fuse #18, #20 #21 and #13 and still nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If I can't get a response I want a refund
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can i get the year, make, and model?Were these fuses blown?Do you own a test light or volt meter?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1995 Lexus SC400One of them was blown but when I got all new fuses in it still didn't fix the problemYes I have a voltage meter
Thanks, ***** ***** a minute while I look over the circuit.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you
Can you remove the master window switch to check 2 wires? I need to know of the blue wire has power with the key on and if the white/black wire is grounded.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is no peer getting to either door switch
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No power*
At the left kick panel remove the main relay. This relay powers the blue wire to the window switches.Pin 1 gets powered by the theft deterrent ECU.Pin 2 is always groundPin 3 is the blue wire to the window switches.Pin 5 is power all the time from power fusible linkSee if a paper clip jumped from pin 3-5 makes the windows work.