spoooolin
spoooolin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master ASE L1 Multiple years of Dealership experience with two manufactures
93876653

Lexus ES330: I have a Lexus es330 with code 1241 and code

Customer Question

I have a Lexus es330 with code 1241 and code c0215
Category: Lexus
Expert:  spoooolin replied 7 months ago.
Sorry to hear about your Lexus, dont worry, I can help you fix it! The code C1241 is a general ABS code that will come on due to another code being in system, exactly like this case. The C1241 is coming up since C0215 is active in the systemThe C0215 indicates there is a prob. with the left rear speed sensor. the most common failure is the speed sensor and harness. There are a few simple things to check:make sure the sensor is sitting flush in the hole and the bolt is tight and there is no looseness.pull the sensor out and check the tip of the sensor and make sure there is no debris on the tip.While you have the sensor out, you can spin that axle and look into the hole where the speed sensor came out of and see if you see any missing teeth on the tone ring that the sensor gets its readings from (it will be pretty obvious if a tooth is missing)If all that checks out, I would replace the wheel speed sensor and harness. I really hope this helps and please feel free to ask any questions you have about my reply as I know its pretty in depth. Thank you!