spoooolin
spoooolin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master ASE L1 Multiple years of Dealership experience with two manufactures
93876653

I have a 07 is250 that is having issues with the sound system JA:

Customer Question

I have a 07 is250 that is having issues with the sound system
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It happens on and off so it's hard to detect what causes it, but sometimes I will turn on the car and I'll hear the back speakers make two noises that sounds like someone tapping a microphone then no sound will come out
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not particularly. I was wanting to change the dash for one with bluetooth eventually since I was happy with the sound for now, but now it's been 3 days with this issue continuing to happen when it was only once and awhile before.
JA: OK! The Lexus Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  spoooolin replied 7 months ago.
Sorry to hear you are having speaker issues with your Lexus. This is pretty common failure when the AMP located in the right side of the trunk behind the carpet padding starts to go bad. The radio is connected to the amplifier and when you turn the knob on the radio, that signal goes to the amplifier, which then outputs the signal to the speakers. One other thing to make sure, with the trunk open, if you look up where the speaker is there two metal rods that help move the trunk up and down, make sure they are not bent and touching the speaker since that can cause the same issue. if they are free and clear of the speaker, you have an amplifier thats going out. Please feel free to ask any other questions you have!Thank you.