Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

Lexus isc350 350: The hardtop on our 2011 lexus isc is malfunctioning.

Customer Question

The hardtop on our 2011 lexus isc is malfunctioning. We tried to put the top down and it stopped almost right away and said that operation was suspended. We have tried disconnecting the battery, twice. We have read the manual and even had a mechanic stop and try to help us. He and my husband took the retractable mechanism apart even and tried to manually crank it closed. That did not work and neither did anything mentioned in the manual.
Everything we turn on the car the convertable top display blinls and says op suspended, check retactable hardtop system. And if we try to drive it keeps beeping at us. We are over two hours from home so that is not a good situation.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Lexus has released a service bulletin dealing with the type of problem you are having that deals with replacing the the stopper cushions to resolve this if in fact it is the cause. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Top%20Lexus%20Apr%2025.pdf