Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Pearl. I went out to my car in the garage tonight (GS 350

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I went out to my car in the garage tonight (GS(###) ###-#### ***** the tail lights are blinking along with the light for the license plate. My car was locked and the key fob wouldn't open the door. I used the valet key to get into the car but it won't start. I'm wondering if my alarm went off and it disabled the car. How do I get it to start again.
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Indeed I am
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried to push the start button but it does nothing. I've also held it down...also held down the keyfob buttons to see if that would fix it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: not that I'm aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I have to pay before I know he can actually help fix the situation?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Sorry for the ling delay, its been a beautiful weekend and many took days off I guess. I just got to your post working down the list. I believe I can help if you are still in need of help.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Chris, as of this morning my battery was dead...most likely from the lights blinking all evening before I discovered it. I had a friend come over and jump start the battery this morning. Immediately after placing the jumper cables on my car, the horn began to go off confirming my suspicion that my alarm is the root cause. I tried using the key fob to deactivate the alarm...pressing the unlock button but to no avail. I took the jumper cables off and the honking ceases. I haven't done anything since.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My two big questions....why my alarm went off in the first place (it was undisturbed in my garage)....and what I have to do to deactivate so I can start my car and have the battery recharge,
Many cars have alarms that will go off after a dead battery and power is supplied back. First off we need to disconnect the battery then recharge, swap, or replace it. Once at full capacity reconnect it. The alarm should go off when unlocking the door with the fob or when the key is in the ignition in the run position. Do you want to try that prior to us getting into the light issue? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So, instead of jumping it, I should replace the battery? I don't have a charger. Also, my Lexus GS(###) ###-####has a key fob instead of actual key. Should I click the unlock button or use the valet key after reconnecting? Lastly, when jumping it the alarm went expect reconnecting a charged battery will keep it from honking right away?
If the battery is older than 4 years, replacing it is a choice that is feasible if your unable to charge it. Use the fob to unlock then attempt to start with he push button. The alarm is most likely going to sound off when a battery with power is connected but when trying to gain entry or starting it should shut off if there is not a alarm issue.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'll try that in the morning. I tried it last night while there was still some juice in the battery but it must have not had enough juice to fix the issue. There was probably 6 hrs in between when the alarm went off and when I discovered it. I'll circle back if that doesn't work.
Sounds like a plan.
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris