Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Pete, returning to the LS400 no start. I have checked the

Customer Question

Hi Pete, returning to the LS400 no start. I have checked the fuel pump pressure. I could not obtain the adaptor to test at the fuel rail, but instead checked at the pump and found 68 psi. On to the next. checking switch values at the igniter input
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: your previous reply: Your fuel pressure should be between 38 and 44 psi.If any lower then the 38 psi this can indicate a weak pump needing replaced.In order to test this model here a fuel pressure test gauge needs to be obtained as well as the correct adapter as the fuel line needs removed from the fuel rail and T'd into the fuel pressure test adapter then threaded back onto the fuel injector rail.Then the fuel test gauge installed on the adapter.IN some cases this can be rented from a local parts store. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks PetePetePete, TechnicianCategory: LexusSatisfied Customers: 21683Experience: Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Are the spark plugs wet with fuel at all with this issue here? Let me know,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Plugs are wet.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
O.k.,68 psi is to much and it sounds like the fuel pump is causing to much pressure causing this fault here.I suspect the pump itself is actually over pressuring the fuel system needing replaced to correct this fault.The spark plugs need to be removed and dried or removed and replaced to correct this issue here as well. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
To reiterate,this is pressure at the pump. Pressure is regulated at the fuel rail. Car was running fine after coil failed and was replaced. Died suddenly after having been driven fire several days.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Was this test done with the fuel lines only running to the pressure test gauge and no vehicle fuel lines involved?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That is correct. I did not have a banjo adaptor for my fuel pressure gauge, so I pulled the line from the pump, disconnected from output and connected my gauge directly to pump output
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
O.k.,this may be o.k. then.Have you tried to clean the plugs and dry them out or replace them to see if the engine then starts and runs?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Have not dried or replaced plugs. Engine fires briefly but will not stay running. Jumpered igniter to check for spark at coil wire. Coil wire sparks to ground.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
O.k.,clean plugs and dry them out or replace them and see if it starts then.It may just be flooded out and your last repair may have corrected any no spark issues but the plugs need cleaned or replaced now. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, will do.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
To reiterate, car was driven for several days after coil repair. Died suddenly while driving. Showing code 15
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Sounds good.Let me know if this corrects the fault here at all
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK, Life gets in the way. I installed new rotors, dist. caps, wires and plugs, to no effect.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
This is a difficult question for me to answer here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete