Lexus Is300: . I fitted an oem sat navigation unit to my

Customer Question

Hi. I fitted an oem sat navigation unit to my 2003 is300 including all the additional wiring harness wires but the pop up screen opens when you turn on the car and the lexus symbol is displayed but then after few seconds the screen goes blank. I have checked all the wiring and power per the scematic. The nav ecu you can also hear start up. The only cables left disconnected are for speeker and the speedo input. Im thinking the anti theft input might bemy problem here it is connected to the anti theft ecu correct but mabie the anti theft system needs more to make it work than plug in?? Help appreciated!
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 months ago.
Hi,my name is ***** ***** you have your computer reflashed, after installing all this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi there tim. What makes you suggest that I would need do that for and if so how i do that... The ecu worked fine from the car that it was removed from just the week before... just wont work now as mentioned... cheers
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 months ago.
It is programmed to the VIN number of the old vehicle, you need to flash the computer to your vin number before it will work, this uses the can bus system for communicating between the different modules, and must be flashed to your Vin number, this requires a special sc anner to do, the dealer can do this, but most independant shops have the capabilties to flashb them also, we charge about 90 dollars to do this at my shop, but until you get on the bus system, it will not work,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 months ago.
Please dont forget to rate me so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 months ago.
Is there a reason you wont rate me?