Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

My son is driving a 2015 lexus rx-350 and the steering wheel

Customer Question

my son is driving a 2015 lexus rx-350 and the steering wheel is locked. they are on the side of the road, suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that's it. he is parked on the side of the road. The steering wheel is locked and won't turn either way. He did accidentally put the car in sports mode for a second?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Some models use an electronic steering lock and this steering lock assembly itself can fail internally causing this issue here.I have seen these fail several times before in the past needing replaced.Unfortunately this will have to be checked/tested further to see if this is the cause here on his model and if found to be at fault it will need replaced.He might also check to see if this is a dead or weak vehicle battery as this can also cause this fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete