Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

My name is***** think my convert top switch has gone bad

Customer Question

My name is***** think my convert top switch has gone bad again on my sc430
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I press the close button it doesn't close the top... The trunk comes up n the switch isn't lighting up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If the trunk comes u when the switch is pressed usually this can indicate the switch is working but the fault may be one of the limit/position switches that send a signal on what position the roof is in.If one of these sends an incorrect signal this can stop the top from operating like this here.What needs to be done is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a scan tool to see what codes are set.This has to be a compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here.Once this is done the codes are then diagnosed and repaired to correct this fault here.The scan tool is also used to monitor the position switches signals to see if one or more are faulty. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete