Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

Name is ***** *****. I have a 98 lexus gs400. I have a battery

Customer Question

Name is ***** *****. I have a 98 lexus gs400. I have a battery light on, vsc vsc off light abs light on. Changed the battery and still there. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: If I start the car. Let it run for a second. Then I Rev it up a little bit the guage lights go off but if I don't Rev it up they stay on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
I am sorry your having this problemwhen the batt light is on and the ABS light on the alternator is not charging enough and that is why the ABS light is on is the ABS needs charging battery volts to operate and when its below that the light will come onesame with the batt light on when that is on the alternator is not charging correctlyif the battery cables are clean and tight and it has a new battery check and be sure the belt is not slipping and the connections at the alternator are clean and tightif all that checks out the alternator is bad and needs to be changed to correct these issuesif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer