sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Lexus RX400H: The power rear door on my rx400h stopped working,

Customer Question

The power rear door on my rx400h stopped working, I was able to operate it manually but now I can only open it about a 3rd of the way, it feels like something is jammed and I'm afraid to force it open. Can this be reset? The motor still runs and tries to open/ close it.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the power liftgate will only open part way even by hand then you have a mechanical issue. the problem is almost surely a failure of the power lift assembly which will require it to be replaced.Were there any problems or abnormal noises leading up to this?Is there any body damage.Was there any work done before this problem started?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No body damage or work done along those lines. I recently changed the aux. battery, that's when the problem began
Do you have access to a scan tool capable of communication with all modules?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nah man. I'll have to take it to a mechanic. I was hoping for a quick easy fix. Thanks for the help.
It sounds as if the drive assembly is going to need to be replaced but it's going to take some testing to know for sure. With it starting after a battery disconnect that does leave the possibility of an electrical or calibration issue.