Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

There, JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer:

Customer Question

Hi there,
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I'm not sure that I address correctly the problem but my left side mirror did not stop at right position when it opened. It went beyond its position Please advise. Thx
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I'm not sure that I address correctly the problem but my left side mirror did not stop at right position when it opened. It went beyond its position Please advise. Thx
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I don't know how to fix it.
JA: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?
Customer: What do you mean by that? Thx
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My Lexus is 2013 LX 570. I accidentally push the whole left side mirror to the opposite side. Now it did not stop at its position when I pressed the remote to open the car or pressed the switch in the car to open the side mirrors. Please help. Thx
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The stop or gear or track in the mirror itself can become damaged internally and cause this issue here.I have seen this on some models in the past before and had to replace the mirror assembly unfortunately.I suspect this may be what has occurred here possibly needing replaced.I would have this checked/tested further to be sure this is the cause then replaced as needed from there. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Pete,
Thank you for your answer. Do you you think it works to open the mirror to fix it?
Thanks again,
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
I apologize for the delay. You might be able to remove the glass from the mirror and locate the gear and motor and see if you can get it back on track to see if you can repair it.In some cases this does work but in others the entire mirror would need replaced. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your instruction. I'm sorry to say that I could not have any better solution except for that I have to replace the whole mirror. Can I ask for a refund? Thanks again
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do here. Thanks Pete