Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

Lexus: Ok I have a customers car that they bypassed the a/c

Customer Question

Ok I have a customers car that they bypassed the a/c 1999 Lexus es300. So I went threw and cut out there mess at the a/c pressure switch that's where they had another relay wired in and just had to shove a red wire in the abs relay spot that they also pulled out. Totally wrong I know, But I found that there was no ground to the a/c clutch relay so after doing some test it lead me to replace the a/c control head with a Good one. I did and same thing a/c light flashes and I also replaced the Relay. But did fine out there was no freon in the car so I put about a half a pound or so just enough to get the Compressor to kick on but still not working.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The problem you are having can be caused by any of the following,Air Conditioner (A/C) Compressor RelaySlipped Air Conditioning (A/C) ClutchSlipped Air Conditioning Drive BeltCircuitLock SensorIn order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. I have also enclosed the wiring diagram for reference to make sure you have the circuit wired correctly.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/AC%20compressor%20Apr%2014.pdfhttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Clutc%20circuit%20Apr%2014.pdf