lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

Noise sound and Abs light on & VSC trac light on JA: The

Customer Question

Noise sound and Abs light on & VSC trac light on
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with ABS (as well as brakes in general.) Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: LEXUS dealership told me I had to replace the transfer case which it hey said is $47000 part number 36100-6d190
JA: Thanks. That'll be helpful as you troubleshoot with the mechanic. Ok, so other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Another mechanic tells me that I have to take off the transfer case to only replace the abs pump electric motor which the part is only $400
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Lexus Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes
JA: What else should I tell the Lexus Mechanic?
Customer: When I turn the car on it makes noise briefly then goes on and off as I drive. I just got all new brake pads and 2 new front rotors replaced and left front side brake bearings repairs because of loud rubbing sound and bad braking issues.
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission? Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. I do not understand what your request is. You are stating you need a transfer case for 47,000 and you have an ABS light on? Please clarify so I can assist you thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so what do you recommend
I do not know what you are actually asking? ABS or transfer case?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there
Please advise why you are being recommended a transfer case replacement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you didn't read the first information
This is what is on my screen: Noise sound and Abs light on & VSC trac light on JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with ABS (as well as brakes in general.) Do you happen to have the code?Customer: LEXUS dealership told me I had to replace the transfer case which it hey said is $47000 part number 36100-6d190
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Noise sound and Abs light on & VSC trac...
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with ABS (as well as brakes in general.) Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: LEXUS dealership told me I had to replace the transfer case which it hey said is $47000 part number 36100-6d190JA: Thanks. That'll be helpful as you troubleshoot with the mechanic. Ok, so other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Another mechanic tells me that I have to take off the transfer case to only replace the abs pump electric motor which the part is only $400
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Lexus Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes
JA: What else should I tell the Lexus Mechanic?
Customer: When I turn the car on it makes noise briefly then goes on and off as I drive. I just got all new brake pads and 2 new front rotors replaced and left front side brake bearings repairs because of loud rubbing sound and bad braking issues.
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission? Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.You
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello so what do you recommend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Without further information as to why you need a transfer case I cannot comment. If the ABS light is on you probably have a bad wheel speed sensor. This would not require a new transfer case.