Edward, Service Technician
Experience:  20 + years experience on various makes and models.

I have a 2007 lexus 350 .the vsc light came on and then the

Customer Question

i have a 2007 lexus 350 .the vsc light came on and then the engine light came on.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes . the car seem to drive nomal
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lexus Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: should i drive the car.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Edward replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Is the check engine light flashing or did you notice it flash when you were driving? If it's just on solid, then as long as it's driving normally, (not overheating, oil pressure ok, and no odd noises) then it is safe to drive for now. On this model the failsafe mode will light the VSC (vehicle stability control) and the check engine light, so likely the problem is in the engine computer and the VSC light will go out when the codes are erased in the engine computer. First thing to do, is check your gas cap and make sure it's on correctly and the O ring isn't cracked, look at the O ring and make sure it's not cracked down in the cap. as that is a common problem. If that is ok, I would recommend stopping by a local auto parts store. Like Advance Oreilly or Auto Zone, you can borrow their scanner, and check the codes. It's likely emissions related. but could be for a sensor. There is a lot of reasons it can set the check engine light off. But as long as it isn't blinking while driving, I would drive it. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.