sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I HAVE TRACK OFF AND ABS LIGHTS ON JA: The mechanics have

Customer Question

I HAVE TRACK OFF AND ABS LIGHTS ON
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with ABS (as well as brakes in general.) Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: NOT WRIGTH NOW
JA: No worries. You and the mechanic can figure that out together. Ok, so other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: PERFECT
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Lexus Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: NO THANK
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!These lights have come on either because the ABS module is not awake or it has seen a problem somewhere in the system and set a fault code. Odds are the module itself isn't the cause.There are literally dozens of things that can turn these lights on ranging from the module, the hydraulic control unit and pump motor, the brake switch, steering angle sensor or yaw sensor if it's a later model vehicle, wiring, or wheel speed related issues. A failed wheel speed sensor is the most common cause for an ABS light.The first step in Mandingo the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting in the ABS module and then testing would need to be done from there based on what code has set.