rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Lexus LS460: I just got a 2009 LS460 AWD and want to reset

Customer Question

I just got a 2009 LS460 AWD and want to reset all the learning computers to erase any of the driving habits of the other driver. Should I just deconnect the battery for 10 min and reconnect? Will that reset the computers?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confidentwe can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies toget to satisfactory results. Please be patient!I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. Here is the relearn procedure to do that.Thanks, Ron