Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Pearl JA: What seems to be the problem? Customer: I

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a 2008 IS350 with the P1235 code
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: i have several pictures of the wiring with no signal
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lexus Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: the car seems to be fine but does not work well on high revolutions
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question2GR-FSE ENGINE CONTROL SYSTEM: SFI SYSTEM: P1235: High Pressure Fuel Pump Circuit Most of the time this is a faulty injector driver, but if you have let me know what you have tested to date and the results, I can confirm the issue
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks. The injector driver seems to be OK (we already changed it) and yesterday we could test (start and drive) the car without problems once we hit (softly) the valve located in the center of the engine calle solenoid spill (check attached picture).
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI,did the wires test out good
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes. We are following the lexus test protocol included the wires test.
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI,Ok, I am a bit stumped on this one, so I will opt out and see if another expert can help
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. While you see if another can help, please let me know if there is difference setup between oem driver injector 89871-53010 from a GS to an IS model? (Or even RX). If I bougth an OEM driver coming from another lexus car it should work well?