Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

My 1999 lx 470 after i had a new radio and navigation unit

Customer Question

hi my 1999 lx 470 after i had a new radio and navigation unit installed now has following electrical issues : the side mirrors quit working the high beams always on- had to remove bulbs the automatic lock quit working have to lock manually
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the interior light use to go on with unlocking by key remotely- now only when key in panel and turned
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question Ok, was this a factory unit that was installed or aftermarket unit? Was it professionally installed by a shop? Finally, I need the 17 digit vin number in order to pull the schematics on this to see where the issue may lie. Please remember that I am not there and therefore rely on you for as much information as possible