mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

My rx 330 is having a problem with the trunk, when i open it

Customer Question

my rx 330 is having a problem with the trunk, when i open it with the remote, it closes on it's own, what can i do to solve the problem?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: the mechanic have been unable to fix it, but when i open the trunk manually, it stays open... But if i use the remote control to open the trunk, it opens fully and then closes on its own..
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lexus Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: nothing else, thats all
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  mike switzer replied 1 year ago.
the system is sensing an obstruction and telling the system to close like a garage door. you can generally have these re calibrated but it muct be done at the dealership. the stop to stop sensor is inside the motor so that could also be bad as well. but your mechanic should have been able to test that. i would start with having the dealership attempt to re calibrate the system before you go further on diagnostics. if you have no further questions i would appreciate if you left me a rating. as this is how we are credited from the site.