Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

I am ***** *****. I am getting a P0015 code on my 2008

Customer Question

Hi I am ***** *****. I am getting a P0015 code on my 2008 Lexus RX 350. Looking to see if this is an issue I can repair myself.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am told I need to replace my ignition coil or the sensor.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Lexus is aware of this issue, and have produced a technical service bulletin that addresses this issue. The P0015 code has to do with the variable valve timing V V T). This is not something one without a lot of schooling and experience in V V T engines, as the repair can take over 14 hours. . Fortunately, the bulletin covers this repair for 72 months or 72,000 miles. If you vehicle is under these parameters, the repair will be free. The bulletin number is : L-SB-0028-09.
Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you provide an image of where the cam shaft sensor is located on a 2008 RX350
There are 4 camshaft position sensors. 2 on each valve cover. One in the front outer area (easy to see), the other is on the rearward innder portion of the valve cover (not so easy to see).