Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.

Power Seat Back Not working lexus es(###) ###-#### ***** seat back

Customer Question

Power Seat Back Not working lexus es(###) ###-#### ***** seat back on driver seat on 2007 lexus es 350 not working, all other power seat adjustments work fine. It's just where the back leans into laying position that is bad. Im thinking the fuse is for the overall seat, not individual uses. Is that correct? Passenger seat everything is working fine.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. Are you planning on changing the fuse yourself?
Customer: I looked at the fuse it's not one that is easily changed. It's like a long box with smaller fuses inside it.
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to fuse guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Good
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Lexus Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it. Hope i was clear. Thank you
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.You are correct there is only one power supply for the seats so that can be ruled out if the other functions are okay. In order to determine if the problem is with the switch or the recline motor then you are going to need to remove the seat switch and check and see if you have recline power on pins 2 and 3 on the pink and brown wires. while working the switch. If you have power out of the switch and the seat still dose not recline then the problem is likely with the recline motor. See the wiring diagram in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.