sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

The trunk on my 2007 LS 460L won't open. I am 500 km from home

Customer Question

The trunk on my 2007 LS 460L won't open. I am 500 km from home and all luggage is in trunk. I have tried the mechanical trunk key with no luck. Any thoughts?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes - when I try to open the trunk in the normal way I hear a beep but nothing happens. The trunk lid looks a bit off-line, I think something is snagged in the mechanism.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lexus Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The problem may be a failed latch, something foreign may be closed in the trunk, or there may be a striker or trunk lid adjustment issue that's keeping enough pressure on the latch pawl that it can't easily release. An adjustment issue should have been apparent leading up to it not opening thought.When using the electric release do you hear any noise from the trunk?Have you tried pushing down on the lid while unlocking and then pulling up?Does the key turn normally?