Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Battery passed load test. auxilary lights come on and steerring

Customer Question

battery passed load test. auxilary lights come on and steerring wheel moves into position. Press on brake and press start button, nothing happens no clicks tried jump start for additional voltage and same results
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Lexus Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Anything else I can tell the Lexus Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This can be an issue with quite a few things from the start button itself at fault or the starter or a relay or even the ignition switch.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a compatible scan tool that can communicate with all computers in your model here.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete