lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

Yesterday i took a drive 1 hour and the led light engine and

Customer Question

Yesterday i took a long drive for about 1 hour and the led light for check engine and check VSC showed and i drove today to work with no issues but the lights are still on (showing)
JA: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: ODO is 45,000 and i take the car on maintenance schedules
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, but wanted to konw what is happening
JA: OK! The Lexus Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: No, but what could it be?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My car is es350 2008 and milage is 45000. Last maintenance is at 40000 a year ago
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 11 months ago.

Do you have a generic code reader or access to one or in most states except California Virginia they do free malfunction code reads At local parts stores like AutoZone or O'Reillys.? We need to start with finding out what codes would be set in the computer causing the check engine light to illuminate. At any time has the check engine light started to flash or have you noticed any rough idle or misfire on acceleration?