Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My name is ***** *****. My issue is with my 03' GS300 I have

Customer Question

Hi. My name is ***** *****. My issue is with my 03' GS300 I have check engine, VSC and VSC off lights on dash. The car hesitates to accelerate from a full stop and around corners. and the gears knock or hesitate to shift at times.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure. like what?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Please allow me to ask if you have had the car scanned. If som, what code(s) were given to you. Once we know the reason for the check engine light being on, we can quickly move to resolve your problem. Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The car was recently scanned and I was told that I have bad O2 sensors. I don't know what code.

If you have bad O2 sensors, the amount of fuel being admitted to the engine via the injectors will be compromised. The Air-fuel sensors (the first ones in the system, and the Oxygen sensors (after the catalytic converters) work hand in hand to maintain optimum performance, gas mileage and low emissions. If one of the 4 is bad, the calculations are off and you can get hesitation and other driveability problems. The recommendation I have for you is to get it rescanned and replace whatever sensor or sensors is/are faulty. Note; it is prudent to use genuine Lexus sensors. The ones you fond for less money in auto parts stores will not work on this car. You can easily get the same condition with a new Non-Lexus sensor.

Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks. What about the issue with the gears/transmission. Can that be attributed to the sensors as well? It started at the same time as the loss in acceleration.

Absolutely can be the cause. The computer is trying to make calculations without benefit of proper input. This causes the computer to descend into a basic program set, commonly called "limp mode". This would explain all of your driveability issues.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer