Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

Customer Question

Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The part number I show for this model for the fan motors is(###) ###-####and about $244 each.I dont show the exact replacement procedure for these here but it doesnt look like the radiator needs removed but the fan may need removed from the motor then taken out in two separate pieces.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Two problems:
1. It looks like I have been billed twice for this one question.
2. You did not answer my question. I can buy the motors locally for $186. I need to know the exact procedure for replacing the fans on a RX400h Hybrid. It is DIFFERENT than on a RX330 or 350. If you can't supply me with that information would you please turn this question over to an experienced factory trained Lexus technician who has actually done this repair.
Thank You
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

I have sent the second question in to be closed out so your not billed twice on this here.

I will see if anyone else has the info on how to replace these here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Toyota Service replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Please allow me to assist

To remove the radiator cooling fan assembly:

Drain coolant

Remove upper radiator hose

Remove the hood lock plastic cover (2 screws)

Remove the hood lock/latch assembly (2 bolts and a nut)

Remove the metal radiator upper support (5 bolts)

Disconnect the coolant overflow hose

Disconnect the wire connections

Remove the cooling fan assembly (4 bolts)

Slide it up and out.

Remove the fan unit (4

You do NOT pull the radiator to remove the fan motor unit.