Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a 2006 GX470. Noticed last night when I got home and

Customer Question

I have a 2006 GX470. Noticed last night when I got home and exited the vehicle that the radio stayed on even though I had the keys in my pocket. I turned the radio off. This morning I woke up to a dead battery. I'm currently recharging the battery but have know noticed a red key light flashing on my dashboard. Also, the radio still comes on when the key is removed as well as the nav. head unit.
Thoughts on what is causing this? Oh, the battery is only a few months old.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Looking at the info on your model here it looks like you have an ACC cut relay which should cut power to the radio systems when the key is off after a small amount of time has passed or in some cases right away when the key is off.If this relay is sticking on this will cause the dead battery issue here as well as the radio components being on.

This relay is located in the engine bay fuse and relay box.It is labeled as shown.

Tap on this relay or remove it and see if the radio then turns off.If it does I suspect this relay needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete