Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert

After a recent visit I cannot get the sunroof on my 2007 RX

Customer Question

After a recent visit for service I cannot get the sunroof on my 2007 RX 350 to stay initialized. I go through the procedure and the roof works correctly until you turn off the ignition and restart. Then has to be reinitialized again. Happens every time. What am I doing wrong?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 7 months ago.

What are the specific reinitialization process or steps that you are using?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hold the tilt function as described in the owners manual until well after the cycle is completed.

There is a technical service bulletin to deal with programming or re-initialization problems. Try this procedure below, the technical service bulletin number is ***** If you Google this number you will find a copy on line if you want to read the whole thing. Let me know how it goes.

First make sure the sunroof is fully closed before starting the procedure.

1. Switch ON the ignition(IG) by pressing the START/STOP button twice or turn the engine key
to IG position.
2. Push and hold the TILT UP switch until the moon roof reaches the full tilt up position, then
release the switch.
The tilt up position is the starting point for the moon roof motor to re-learn the positions.
3. Push and hold the TILT UP switch again. After approximately 10 seconds, moon roof will begin
the initialization procedure. DO NOT release the switch until the procedure is complete. The
moon roof will tilt down, slide open, slide close and stop at the fully closed position. At this point
the initialization is complete and the tilt up switch may be released.
If the TILT UP switch is released during the procedure, the buttons may not operate properly.
The moon roof will have to be operated manually to start the procedure over again.
4. Confirm that the AUTO operation features work for slide open, slide close, tilt up, and tilt down.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You are right. After the suggested reinitialization procedure I tried the sunroof auto opening functions after 3 ignition restarts and it worked correctly each time.

That is good to hear. Glad you got it resolved. Please do not forget to rate the information that I have provided to you at three or higher and any bonus is greatly appreciated.