FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE
1627031

I have a 2006 is350 and it wont start, dashboard and

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: i have a 2006 is350 and it wont start
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: dashboard and everything lights up but the car wont start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: jumping the car that didnt work
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
JA: Our top Lexus Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Lexus Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Lexus Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Most of the time this is caused by the battery or a problem with the key FOB. If the battery is shorted internally then it will not take a jump so it really needs to be load tested. If the battery is fine then you should try an extra FOB if you have one or change the battery in yours. If that still does not take care of it then the electronic ignition switch may be the issue. In some cases disconnecting and reconnecting the battery will get it going again. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My key fob works perfectly fine but my gas meter stayed at all the way empty and I'm not sure if that's normal. I had a quarter tank
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 8 months ago.

If it is not moving then that tells me that the ignition is not turning on the electrical systems. It may need the ignition switch. Just to see if it is a programming issue I would disconnect the battery and touch the cables together and then reinstall them to see if anything changes.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
jump start?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 8 months ago.

No. A jump start does not always work. If you have a voltage meter I can tell you how to check it.