Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

The problem still exists

Customer Question

Hello, the problem still exists
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. What problem are you referring to? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put my battery treminals on backwards and the car wouldn't start. Before this the car initially said that electrical operations are limited and the battery he died so I replaced it. Not the car will start but still has all of these warning lights and doesn't have any rpms when I step on the acceleration pedal.

Ok. Please go to the engine compartment fuse panel and look at the label. Locate the fuse indicated as ETCS and put a new fuse into that slot.

if the engine does not increase RPM, the fuse to the throttle control motor is most likely blown. This will allow an idle but zero acceleration

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That ETCS fuse was blown

Replace it with another fuse and see if the engine will increase RPM

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, power is restored to the acceleration but the radio doesn't come on nor does the screen. It's telling me to check the ABS, Brake System, SRS Airbag System, Parking Brake System, VSC System, Brake Malfunction
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no power to the control dash console to the radio, air, or navigation

This sounds like you have more fuses that are blown. I would remove each fuse and visually inspect them. If the ETCS fuse was blown, it is highly likely that you have others blown too. Examine each fuse in the panel under the hood and the panels under the dashboard.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've found four more blown. A box 30, 2/25's and 1/20.

I thought so. Replace all of them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I found more blow fuses and replaced them. Somethings came back on but the steering wheel control still isn't working. The radio and navigation and lights come on after a delay. The driver side door lights and truck aren't working. And I'm still getting the warning lights to the Abs, brakes, air bag, and VSC systems l

Did you check the fuses under the passenger side of the panel? The ABS/VSC/and Air bag lights may have a code set (no power to the control units); replacement fuses may not make these lights go out.. That will probably need to be reset by a scan tool that can clear the codes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to check to see if the alternator was bad and tried to disconnect the negative terminal and now the car won't start
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the steering wheel has no power to adjust

You cannot remove the neg terminal on this car with the engine running. You will damage the alternator and blow more fuses.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I just take it to the dealership

You are going to have to take it to them at some point to clear the ABS/VSC etc codes. These codes cannot be cleared without a scan tool.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the car running again and no fuses have blown but still having some electrical issues

It's time to let a Lexus tech look at this vehicle. You need to have your codes cleared.

You also may have a faulty alternator.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, you think I can drive it up there?

I would think yes, you can drive it, assuming it is not too far away. Like 50 miles or so max

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 10

oh, good. You should have no worries then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you

You are very welcome. A positive rating for my assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again and have a great day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem and thank you again

You are very welcome. Glad to help.