Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

Art & trying to remove cup holder in 2002 Lexus ES 300 in

Customer Question

Art & trying to remove cup holder in 2002 Lexus ES 300 in order to replace with new one
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've opened the console but can't remove the rear section which houses the holder
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 9 months ago.

I am on my mobile device standby I will be at my computer in about 10 minutes I will gather the information on how to remove the cup holder and forward it to you.

The front cupholder is built into the center console assembly. Click this link and this link and download the illustrations. The links will time out. The center console has to be removed then there are screws that hold it into the bottom of the consul. The faceplate around the shifter has to be removed to get access to the front two screws. There are bolts that hold the center consul down to the framework assembly itself once those are unbolted lift up on a far enough and disconnect all the electrical connectors going to the box assembly. Once it's removed you will see where the screws hold the cupholder into the center consul. Please do not forget to rate the assistance that I provided to at three or higher and if you have any specific questions feel free to reply and I will get back to you.

Were you able to get the files downloaded and did you get the cupholder removed?