Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

My Lexus ES300 1995, I'm seeing smoke, burning smell, so

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: How can we be of help?
Customer: My Lexus ES300 1995, I'm seeing white smoke, burning smell, so each time I press on the gas fumes come out of the exhaust.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Okay the high pressure hose was replaces but the mechanic stated he thought my vacuum switch was good since the power steering fluid didn't leak. But a few weeks later I started getting smoke. NO ISSUES were happening with my car until the HPH was installed.
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Lexus Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Mechanic or Lexus Dealership
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: Nop. Thanks
JA: Huh? OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 9 months ago.

Are you having to add PS fluid or coolant? Is it over heating?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Need to PS Fluid
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it isn't overheating

If it's not overheating and you're not using any coolant this means it's not leaking internally around the head gasket. If you are having to add power steering fluid and there are no external leaks anywhere that diaphragm in that power steering pressure sensor has ruptured allowing power steering fluid to be sucked through the intake manifold and is burning it up in the exhaust. You will need to replace that pressure idle up sensor. To test it just pull the vacuum lines off and plug them and drive the vehicle and see if fluid leaks from the sensor. All this does is boost the idle when sitting still and the wheel is turned.