sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2007 is 250 is stick shift and it wont turn on. it says

Customer Question

my 2007 is 250 is stick shift and it wont turn on. it says check vsc. like it wants to turn on i hear it click but it wont turn on.
how can i get it to turn on?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can cause a no start condition but if you're hearing a clicking from the engine compartment then it's attempting to crank.

If you get a single click from the engine compartment then you most likely have a bad starter, but it could be a cable or connection issue. The starter's positive feed, engine ground, and power to the solenoid would need to be tested before condemning the starter.

If you're hearing a rapid clicking, or it can sometimes cause a single click, then most likely you have a dead battery. You can try a jump start but it may not working due to many variables, if that didn't work then the battery should either be load tested or replaced with a known good one.