Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

Some shop said they tried to put a gps in, and when they

Customer Question

some shop said they tried to put a gps in, and when they lowered panel, all kinds of wires came out from aftermarket things, and started to spark. now car wont start, and has no dash lights, and somerthing strange, windows only work for a second while i am pressing start button only. im sorry. 06 is 350
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car wont start, no dash lights, power windows only work briefly while pressing the start button.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to try and figure out what has failed and causing the no start they need to start first with repairing the wiring that is shorting out and also determine what system have been affected by this add on aftermarket things. Have then check and see if there is an add on alarm system that could affect the starting. You could also check and see if you are getting good spark to the spark plug as well as injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. If you can check each of these things and post back with which one you are lacking I will try and help you determine the cause of the no start.