Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Tried to install a enhanced day time running light on a 2016

Customer Question

Tried to install a enhanced day time running light on a 2016 lexus NX200t base model and the day time running light does not work.The turn signals work fine.Does the ecu need to be flashed for this upgraded day time running light?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is an after market system you may have to wire in a controller/ecu to fit this after market system to operate properly in your vehicle here.If this is a factory system you have wired in you would have to check with a dealer to see if any programming is needed to get this to work properly.In some cases programming may not be available to correct this here and an auto accessory install facility may have to wire this in differently to work on your model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This enhanced led drl is a genuine lexus part available on some better equiped Nx200t models.Can you check on your scan tool if there is a flash for upgrading these drl/turn signals.Or perhaps you have a copy of the electrical wiring diagram and look at what is different between the two models.The connector for the drl/turn signal is the same.It will plug right in but the drl will not light up.It seems as if it does not have the 12 volts needed to light up the upgraded drl.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately being a 2016 model my info is limited as all info hasnt been released yet.If you want i can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please do so.I want to find a solution for this.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

No problem.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Before you refer me to someone else, maybe you can answer this question?
I don't know how newer Lexus vehicles are but.I recently owned a 2015 Ram 2500 and had a set of factory tow mirrors put on at the local dealer.The turn signals and puddle lights on the mirrors would not work till they got the proper reflash done.So my question to you is,Are newer lexus vehicles the same where they require a reflash to the ecu?
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Yes,there are re flashes/reprograms on your lexus like your old model had where a dealer can reprogram the computers for any issues or when some after market or add on components are installed.The only way I think you will find this out for sure here is to speak with a dealer on your model to see if there is first off a retro fit kit for these lights and if they have or can get any programming needed so they can flash the computer.In some cases this can be done and being a 2016 model this may be the only way to find out this info.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Pete,do you work for a dealer?I was hoping you could find out for me.I don't have a dealer where I live.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

I dont work for a Lexus dealer myself but I have worked on several of these models (the older ones 2014 and older) and had to send some to dealers for programming for specific issues or anything else it needed programmed for.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok.Thanks for the help.May I please get referred.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Thanks Pete