Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2003 gx470. The key stopped working. That was 3

Customer Question

I have a 2003 gx470. The key stopped working. That was 3 weeks ago. I took it to my local shop I use and they replaced the antenna ring and ICU. Worked with a locksmith and Went through all known procedures and couldn't get it to work. It could start but only for 1 second. We then had it towed to the local toyota dealer. I am 150 miles froma Lexus dealer. They went through all the procedures and also couldnt get it to work. Could only start for 1 second. They dont seem to know what to do now. Looking for some other insights. This cant be the first time this has happened.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

If this is a security system issue there will be trouble codes stored. Has anyone scanned it and retrieved these codes?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
both shops scanned codes and went through the troubleshooting procedures. I dont know the codes. They can get the car to start for mayb 1 second

Have any of the shops given you any paperwork which should have the codes and tests done on it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no. I dont have anything yet. I will get that info tomorrow.

Super

Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris